Posted: Jan 21st 2008 7:26AM GRT said

Good to see that they learned from the mistakes they made with Anarchy Online, e.g. you only get 1 chance to make a good first impression.

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 8:34AM Ghen said

I still don't like it :P A delay either means that the PR people made an unrealistic prediction (IE: a lie) or the developers screwed up somehow to get beyond the normal bug fixing time window.

All these delays aren't jiving with me. While yes now that the game is still broken it only makes sense to delay the release there is something to be said for finishing a project in the time you estimate for it. Anything less can seem unprofessional, like you didn't plan enough time for the unknown.

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 10:14AM (Unverified) said

Of course this happens right after I finally go and buy the collector's edition pre-order last week. Murphy's Law apparently. Oh well... it's not like I don't have anything to play at the moment. I'd just like to get into beta at some point. Anyone here IN the beta?

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 12:37PM GreenArmadillo said

I haven't heard that the NDA has been lifted as of yet, so they probably can't tell you if they are. :)

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 10:48AM (Unverified) said

If players gave developers the same leeway they give to Blizzard when they say "It's done when it's done, and we make no promises", then there would be no complaints. After all, a game should be released when it's done and good to play. I was not an early adopter of World of Warcraft, and I'm glad I didn't have to suffer a year of patches to make the game work.

Frankly, I'm tired of console games being released with the mentality that broken elements can be fixed post-release with patches. Thank you Nintendo for not succumbing to this (yet).

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 12:45PM (Unverified) said

I'm with Skeez... I'm perfectly fine with the "it's done when it's done" mentality." IMHO it's better for the players and the long term viability of the game. I mean, it's not like any of us are short on games to play, right? But by Crom... I can't wait to try on my virtual Drinking Cape! ;)

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 2:26PM Pagan said

CROM BALLS!

Delay was good decision. I'll be there on launch day.

The Game Archaeologist: Kingdom of Drakkar