Posted: Jan 15th 2008 5:57PM (Unverified) said

Come on!
The game is already the easiest game out in the market to play. You don't have a 100% drop rate because of the leveling curve. I'd rather have 1 quest that I kill 20 raptors for 5 skulls than 20 quests to get automatic drops from confirmed kills.

I quit when BC came out because of the constant grind quests. But hard it is not, more or less I figured out I had something better to do than grind kill quests.

Story quests like the warlock mount and multi step encounters such as the tribute runs in Dire Maul were worth doing because they were fun and engaging. Killing 120 things because someone said so not so engaging.

Posted: Jan 15th 2008 8:42AM (Unverified) said

I'm not much of a raider, and I don't like grinding. It's really the quests that keep me going in MMOs. That and the social aspects of guilding.

Odd quests can be fun. It's when they are downright buggy, the quest rewards aren't given, or they're frustrating, that I stop doing them.

I'm finding that as I am not rushing through the levels anymore, that I am taking the time to read and get into the quests.

Posted: Jan 15th 2008 9:40AM Speedmonkay said

I usually skip the quest descriptions. I just accept and look at the reward and what I have to do to complete it. If it is an exceptionally long string of quests I will get interested and read or listen. I love the epics on LotRO and CoP and Zilart quests on FFXI. If it doesnt have a good long story behind it, then it is part of the grind - grind it and move on.

I guess excessive MUDing in the past makes me not want to read anymore.

Posted: Jan 15th 2008 10:27AM aboutblank77 said

I always figured (well not always, I got angry one day and decided to rationalize the torture) that the reason creatures are sometimes missing vital organs and such is because you broke them.

Say you smack that raptor in the skull with a large mace just a little too hard and its skull implodes like... some kind of implodey thing. How you manage to ruin things like 'gizzards' or 'spleens' is another matter but I'm sure moves like eviscerate lend themselves well to this explanation.

It's your fault, it's not a game flaw :P

Posted: Jan 15th 2008 10:33AM Stop said

The only thing about WoW that gets me is how inconsistent some of the drops are with the stated quest descriptions. For example: right now I've got a quest where I have to kill murlocs and collect their heads. The heads, of course, turn up in their inventory after killin'.

Here's the part that gets me: they don't always turn up. What, do some murlocs not have heads? I can clearly see their heads, it's the part going "mrglrglrglrglrgl" at me. Why is this murloc's head not good enough?

All I'm saying, a little bit of a reality check is needed for some of the quests. If the murlocs stole an item, fine, only one of them is gonna havei t. Every murloc has a damned head.

Posted: Jan 15th 2008 4:45PM (Unverified) said

...and the newbie horde quests where none of the planestriders have beaks and none of the zhevras have hooves.