Posted: Jan 14th 2008 12:51PM Grizz said

Its true, leaving my warm place in Ultima Online left me with a heavy heart. It left me with a void I was never able to fill as I move from game to game. I cant seem to stick with just one game for more than a year because it cant fill the shoes of UO.

I still seek.

Posted: Jan 14th 2008 5:53PM (Unverified) said

It is the same for me too, Gr1zz. Nothing seems to be able to replace EQ1 for me. I was playing WoW for a couple years but it's not the same thing. Although I have grown to like it, I have also grown to be bored of WoW. Boredom from EQ1 didn't happen for a very long time. It took 6 yrs to get me to finally quit EQ1 and that was a very hard thing to do.

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 12:27PM (Unverified) said

I know exactly were your coming from. Just a few days ago my friends got me hooked on WoW and I am currently playing the 10 day while I debate on leaving my old game, Runescape. I'm part of one of the biggest clans in the game and I have made loads of friends. I have spent countless hours playing and building up my character only to get hooked on another MMOG. It is very pain staking. I am yet to decide what to do.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2008 12:04PM (Unverified) said

I tend to see a game as polished as WoW as a sort of virtual Disneyland. People are going to want to visit 'The Happiest Place on Earth" for a long time to come.

They key, as I see it, for developers, is to continue to keep up with technology. I could see putting on a pair of VR goggles to play one of my WoW characters in about 5-10 years.

What they created with that game is as huge a cultural force as Disney. Yeah, there were cartoons before Mickey Mouse. But there are still Mickey Mouse fans almost 100 years later.

My opinion is that WoW will be that kind of franchise.

Posted: Jan 22nd 2008 12:10PM (Unverified) said

And I'd add- Maybe someone will come up with a Bugs Bunny & Friends franchise, but that won't diminish Mickey Mouse and his fans.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant