Posted: Jan 10th 2008 4:05PM (Unverified) said

Considering Bioshock had the exact same twist that System Shock 2 had.. No, I'm not surprised you guessed it.

Posted: Jan 10th 2008 4:52PM (Unverified) said

Kinda Spoiler warning

I guessed that twist too (without playing SS2).

I thought the scene before that was a lot more powerful because of it. I know they were going to reveal the twist I guessed soon (especially cause I thought I was near/at the end of the game) so it made me pretty unprepared for the much better (in my opinion) twist that came before it. I'm used to games throwing two twists right in a row.

Posted: Jan 10th 2008 6:01PM (Unverified) said

Plot really does "make" the mmo experience. Plot really sorts out how long I'll stay with an MMO. If I'm engrossed I'll be glad to hang around for more content.

Plot, however, doesn't decide if I *start* playing a MMO. Initial presentation is really important with these things. I think that's clear with people writing off games that are only in the beta stage(TR anyone?).

Though I'm maintaining my DDO subscription I promised friends I'd try World O' Warcraft. I was promised a fantastic storyline. I have to say though, after about a week of playing I'm finding it exceptionally difficult to look over the horrifyingly endless barrage of the worst thing an MMO can do (fetch quests). If I can't get over initial presentation, plot is no good.

Relating to things like PVP, yeah, game mechanics that rock can really make me overlook lack of any plot (Dark Age O' Camelot), and give me lasting fun. This is very, very rare in my case however, but I'm hoping Warhammer will have something for me to this end,

Posted: Jan 10th 2008 6:26PM (Unverified) said

Ghen - I agree with you about the SS2 thing, although I think that
the twist was handled much better in SS2 than Bioshock - there were
too many hints about it in Bioshock for my taste. Still an awesome
game though.

Schad - There are storyline missions out there, unfortunately you
have to do some digging for them. If you're playing one of the new
races, their starter areas have been better designed, and the
missions there tend to have a better plot linking them together -
that might be worth a look if you haven't tried them yet.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM