Posted: Jan 3rd 2008 11:44AM Syme said

I think WotLK will make it by Christmas, and I think I will enjoy it. While I have no interest in Death Knights, the new lore with the plague the Forsaken are developing and the discovery of the Taunka, distant cousins of the Tauren, promise some interesting times ahead.

It may be fashionable to take shots at WoW, but there's no game currently announced that gives me a compelling reason to play it instead.

Posted: Jan 6th 2008 12:25AM (Unverified) said

Lets hope the pay once and free with microtransactions begin to dominate over the monthly pay schemes.

Posted: Jan 5th 2008 11:09AM (Unverified) said

You have it backwards. WAR will be delayed into 2009 and AoC will be a hit.

Posted: Jan 9th 2008 6:31PM (Unverified) said

"If games like Warhammer Online do take part of WoW's audience, I hope, of course, that it is the part composed of players who most enjoy the meta-game of irritating other players for chuckles."

Fat chance, as irritating others for chuckles requires a LARGE playerbase in order to remain entertaining ^^ So you can have those, I'm thrilled to meet up with others like me who got sick and tired of wasting time in a game that forced me to put up with the irks of the weakest link in a raid night after night :D

Posted: Jan 14th 2008 5:39PM (Unverified) said

WotLK will be out by dec. but by then it will already be to late for WoW. AoC and WAR will be out this year, probably not at the time they say, but most likely before WotLK. Blizzard knows the shit storm is coming, that is why they have their "secret weapon", and in my opinion, everyone complaiing about blizzards lack of quality of late with WAR is probably just that.....maybe staffing went toward something to cover their asses when the big hitters are released (secret weapon maybe a Diablo MMO being developed behind the curtain?) Anyway, i do agree that tabula rasa will probably just continue to celebrate mediocraty, and I could care less if Bioware is making an MMO now since they sold off the fallout franchise to bethsida (mmmm fallout, now there is an MMO i would love to see). In conclusion, im still praying that w/e the outcome is this year....that atleast one game will take a chunk out of WoW and knock it down a few pegs.

Posted: Jan 21st 2008 10:18PM (Unverified) said

If Warhammer takes part of WoW's audience chances are it will be the more hardcore portion of it. Seeing as how hardcore players move quicker through content and get bored more quickly with games they're always the early adopters of new games and MMO's and such. While it will take a while to make any sort of dent in WoW I think WAR will end up with a more mature playerbase than WoW will.

Also: Blizzard is apparently expecting trouble, otherwise they wouldn't be making the new "next-gen" unannounced non-wow related MMO.