Posted: Dec 28th 2007 10:33AM (Unverified) said

10.5.2 hasn't been released into "the wild" yet -- it's still in limited developer release, so people visiting SL with 10.5.2 are acting as beta testers, whether they want to or not.

Hopefully those people will file bug reports with Apple through their Apple Developer Connection account (which is where they got the 10.5.2 seed, hopefully . . .)

Posted: Dec 28th 2007 12:02PM (Unverified) said

thanx for the warning, i'll stick to 10.5.1

Posted: Dec 28th 2007 11:56AM (Unverified) said

Thank you for posting about this.

I already can't use Windlight with my MacPro, 2GB, while I am lag free with the regular client. Bummer to know that Leopard will be even worse.

Posted: Dec 28th 2007 1:03PM (Unverified) said

It's worth mentioning that this is a dev build and what's broken may well be fixed by the time it launches. Or, the problem could be solely on Linden Lab's end in which case we could wait a bit for a fix.

Hopefully, it'll get fixed. But we wanted to at least warn people this problem exists.

Posted: Dec 28th 2007 1:20PM (Unverified) said

Another clear example of sensationalism.

Intentional? I don't know. But the way your article is written it is not made clear that this whole issue refers to a TEST BETA version of the OS X update.

As presented on the original article:
"Faithful Macenstein reader dolfke writes us with a warning to Second Life users hoping to test out the latest 10.5.2 Leopard build. According to dolfke, 10.5.2 breaks SL functionality in a big way."

Note how THEY clearly use the words "test out the latest". Still not entirely bullet-proof clear they are referring to beta (they do a bit later in the post) - but YOUR version is considerably more vague.

Gotta get those clicks and views, huh?

Heh, it's why I don't bother watching CNN, FOX and all the rest any more. All sensationalized BS.

Posted: Dec 28th 2007 1:53PM (Unverified) said

To be fair, there may have been some internal miscommunication (I'm on staff here). I saw the note on Macenstein and sent out the link to the staff since I didn't have time to write it up.

In hindsight, I should have noted it was a development build and this should be a heads-up warning that when it goes live, residents might want to make sure it's been fixed before rolling the update down.

I'm not throwing Tat under the bus here. I'm throwing myself under it.