Posted: Dec 24th 2007 5:21PM GreenArmadillo said

I find it odd that they didn't anticipate this problem - it's not like TR is the first game in existence with an AH and non-bound gear. Then again, changing all items in the game to BoE on no notice is a rather drastic change to make to a game that is already live. Players make decisions on whether it makes sense to buy low-mid level, non-bound gear based in part on expected resale/reuse value (the latter perhaps being a bigger deal than usual in TR with it's branched "clone" subclass system). It's never going to go over well when you have to make detrimental changes to players in a live game because you introduced an obvious design flaw that many many other games have dealt with in the past (e.g. bind some of the better items if it's really important to your game concept that gear be recyclable).

Posted: Dec 24th 2007 7:11PM (Unverified) said

No, just no, Bind on Equip is not needed in TR, it would make cloning, which is a main feature, a huge pain, You wouldn't be able to transfer equipment between characters. I like being able to pass off my old gear to my other characters.

Posted: Dec 26th 2007 12:15AM (Unverified) said

I personally like the AH in TR and have found it both useful and profitable. I have made quite a bit of money selling old gear and have found some decently priced items and craft ingredients. Lastly I strongly believe that making items BoE would do nothing especially helpful for the game. Anyway keep up the good work Destination! So far I am very pleased with this Sci-Fi themed MMORPG alternative to the sea of fantasy themed MMORPG's ;)

Posted: Dec 27th 2007 9:14AM (Unverified) said

If there are too many "rare" items then they aren't really rare...change the drop rate. Implimenting BoE is a huge money sink and will only drive the gold selling aspect of the game.

Perfect Ten: My World of Warcraft launch memories