Posted: Feb 28th 2008 7:37PM (Unverified) said

I loved fallout 1 and 2.. and am looking forward to both fallout 3 and fallen earth.

Ive seen worse graphics.. but Ive also seen better. I dont play a game for the graphics... some of the best looking games, well.. sucked. And some of the worst looking games, I became addicted to for years. (eq1 is extremely bad by today's graphic standards.. and yet they got 7 years of my life.)

I would much rather have a company devote time and energy to gameplay and content, than a realistic looking tree.

To me, what I am looking forward to the most, is a game that is challenging, playable, and unique. I love the concept of the faction circle.. where its not good vs evil.. but a philosophical choice. I love how you are not limited to a particular class.. but can choose your skills to suit how you play.

Posted: Dec 13th 2007 7:28PM Durinthal said

Sounds fun. I'm into post-apocalyptic stuff as well, so I'll have to check it out.

Posted: Dec 13th 2007 7:35PM (Unverified) said

MMMmmm... Post-apocalyptic adventure...

It's been soooo long since I had a good post apocalyptic adventure. Not since Fallout 2. Yeah, that long. Although Fallout Tactics had occasional moments of "Not bad" in it too.

If Fallout 3 is a winner, that will almost certainly inspire me to sign up for this game... at least until the Fallout MMO comes out (please oh please let that one be a winner too).

Posted: Dec 13th 2007 9:14PM (Unverified) said

I am also a big post-apocalyptic nerd. I checked out their site with growing excitement but the graphics are really disappointing. Their is so much potential in a post-apocalyptic world to be grand and amazing. Imagine being able to walk anywhere in America and stumble across a fallen landmark you have been to before in real life buried and sheltering some evil dungeon or something. So much cool potential. But looking at their graphics just looks old and uninteresting. Doesn't give me hope for alot of those "holy crap" moments that the concept has the potential for.

Sigh.

: (

Posted: Dec 13th 2007 9:54PM (Unverified) said

Don't give up hope yet, Basil. I had the same feeling when I saw the graphics too, but there's something to them that fits. Hard to explain. Plus, it'll work IF - big IF - gameplay is enticing enough.

I've seen far worse graphics for games - Pirates of the Caribbean Online (http://www.massively.com/2007/12/08/yo-ho-yo-ho-a-pirates-of-the-caribbean-life-for-me/) and Hero Online spring immediately to mind (both free to play games by the way) - that aren't gorgeous, but are still super fun to play.

Global Chat: Doom and WAAAGH!

Posted on Jul 22nd 2014 8:00PM