Posted: Dec 8th 2007 9:22AM (Unverified) said

sheesh - don't complain about the fact that SLI still ranks - import the SLI posts into Massivly and then redirect secondlifeinsider.com to http://www.massively.com/category/second-life/. I am at a loss why you did not do that in the first place.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 10:26AM (Unverified) said

"We've just changed facades; the content is the same. So where's the Massively love?"

Some of the content is the same. You still got the Second Life posts, but the site is polluted with junk information about MMOs for 13 year old virgins (WoW, ...).

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 11:00AM (Unverified) said

We don't know why socialrank changed to _also_ pull the non SL posts through from Massively. At the start, they were pulling only the Second Life posts.

They changed that earlier this week and started also including the non-SL content - we don't know why.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 11:20AM Mike Schramm said

Massively is definitely not "the new Second Life Insider." We're a blog about virtual worlds, of which Second Life is one, as is Azeroth, and as are all the other MMOs out there.

This isn't a case of "you got your SL in my WoW" and vice versa-- this blog is about MMOs and virtual worlds, and both SL and all of our other games all fit underneath that umbrella.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 11:20AM (Unverified) said

SLI was great, it was about SL. Couldn't care less about computer games.
I still don't get why you didn't expand to VWs, instead of computer games.
Aren't there any news about Vastpark, Hipihi, Kaneva at all?
At least they are VWs and orcfree, even if some of them are pretty boring.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 9:15PM (Unverified) said

Yes, we cover those too.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 11:47AM (Unverified) said

I have to say that I don't come out here nearly as often as I used to visit SLInsider, as I am only interested in the Second Life posts, and don't enjoy having to slog through all these other posts about games/VWs I care nothing about.

Unless there's a way to filter out the dreck, and only get the SL posts? But if there is, I haven't found it yet.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 12:03PM Krystalle Voecks said

Just bookmark the following URL, Katie:

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 12:46PM (Unverified) said

Well now, that's a big "DUH!" on my part isn't it? Thanks Krystalle! :o)

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 3:31PM Krystalle Voecks said

No worries. That's what we're here for. ;)

Posted: Dec 9th 2007 1:17PM (Unverified) said

Oooh, I just squeaked into the top 50 at #49. I had no idea.

And I'm not exactly sure why I'm on the list at all, to be honest!

Posted: Dec 9th 2007 4:57PM (Unverified) said

No offense, bu Massively has a long way to go before it replaces SLI, for me. And in fact, I'm slowly phasing it out of my regular reading, only checking it weekly instead of daily any more.

I appreciated the layout of the former SLI site - from the colour scheme used, to the page layout, to the lack of clutter and always on topic posts - it was easy to read.

I feel like Massively involves more effort to find the information that interests me. Yes, I have it bookmarked to show only the SL topics, but that doesn't mean the posts are not surrounded by a barrage of ads or other non-SL related topic links. Just look to the left or right margins right now and tell me how much of it pertains to SL? Looks like about 1% of the content, to me.

Heck, even the posts with bulleted items now confuse me - with the bullet point indicator highlighting the last line of each item? Not helping! I used to love that Tateru broke down each topic into bullet points, but now they just feel like a big run-on sentence and a jumble of facts.

Still have much love for the SLI writers, just not feeling it Massively.

Posted: Dec 9th 2007 9:15PM Joystiq Login Bugs SUCK said

I hate massively with a passion. Since you killed off SLI I have been in maybe three times, where with SLI I went multiple times a day.

I am NOT interested in games inhabited by teenagers, I want only second life, and without the crud that massively adds to each side.

Even the financial statistics are paired with useless information now.

Kill massively and return to the SLI domain and layout. Let those who want to play games stay here.

Posted: Dec 10th 2007 10:20AM (Unverified) said

"I'm going to just assume that because we cover MMOs of all stripes, we don't qualify as an SL-only blog."

"Just bookmark the following URL, Katie:

and that should take you directly to any posts with the SL category. This will net the occasional op-ed pieces, but it will significantly cut down on posts about other VWs."

Pffft...

It was all good while it lasted.
This is a blog for kiddies.
I look through the SL content - it's NOT the same as it was. Not depth, no feeling in it. Just little burps of info. The other SL-specific blogs are way better.

I tried Massively. I really did... hoping it would get better.
I guess I need to stop holding my breath and inhale now.

Posted: Dec 11th 2007 12:57PM (Unverified) said

If you didn't have RSS, I'd never read SLI anymore and I read it regularly in the old format. I avoid the busy and irrelevant content with RSS and it is okay. Not great, but okay.

Posted: Dec 14th 2007 6:25AM (Unverified) said

Well

I never heard of massively until I saw a news link on the SL herald about Lindens quitting/fired

I think you chaps need a publicity drive; cos I actively seek out these pubs to read when bored at work and you never figured before!

Fix the publicity - you will be on the chart soon. QED