Posted: Dec 6th 2007 4:48PM (Unverified) said

Looking at the shelf prices, the sticker-price on Fury has gone up $20AUD since launch (from $69AUD at launch to $89AUD everywhere I checked this week - subtract 10% to convert to USD)

Posted: Dec 6th 2007 4:58PM (Unverified) said

Interesting. I just saw it for 30usd on a website before writing the post. I wonder why some stores would actually mark-it-up if the game wasn't in demand? Collector's Item? Sorry, I couldn't help it. )

Posted: Dec 6th 2007 4:55PM Grizz said

Its always sad when a MMO dies.

With stand alone games, you can always replay them, but with mmo's the servers go down.

Posted: Dec 6th 2007 5:48PM (Unverified) said

Fury is a good example of how a MMO can fail. It had tons of press and hype yet they failed to polish their end product. Then they blame official game reviewers that they were noobs because they kept dying. Fury was a nice idea but a fps mmo... is i dunno. Me personally would rather play a good ol' FPS online then pay monthly for basically the same thing.

Posted: Dec 6th 2007 6:23PM GRT said

I'm not happy to see it go, but neither am I surprised. The game wasn't much fun, and the marketing of it was vaguely insulting to players of existing MMOs (suggesting that their hobby was a waste of time). And, I know this will get me flamed, but although 100% PvP MMO players are very very vocal, I don't think there are that many of them. I alot of us like some PvP in our MMOs, but we also enjoy the PvE aspects as a more casual thing to do with friends.

For it to make it, they need to pull in FPS players and get them to try an MMO. That's a pretty hard sell...

Posted: Dec 6th 2007 7:50PM (Unverified) said

Posted: Dec 6th 2007 10:12PM GRT said

"But when you try to pull Fps players to a MMO their thoughts are this game should be free like my old FPS ."

Yup, exactly.

And when you have games like Call of Duty 4 offering FPS with some nice RPG flavoring, it's really hard to make a case for a monthly fee.