Posted: Dec 4th 2007 7:57PM shindakun said

I gave it a go... Over all I'd rate it a: "Meh." It was kind of fun but the auto targeting system did it in for me.

Posted: Dec 4th 2007 10:31PM (Unverified) said

Auto Target = ezmode?

Posted: Dec 5th 2007 1:07PM shindakun said

Just point near your target and you'll likely hit them. Most of the time even if they move behind something. It seems to be balanced to appeal to a wide audience - which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'd be interested to see what kind of numbers they do... (it terms of micro-transactions not players or downloaders) maybe Massively can get them. ;)

Posted: Dec 5th 2007 12:03AM (Unverified) said

tried it too. the control are weird.
the game is a little bit addictive, but it's really basic.

Posted: Dec 5th 2007 5:30AM (Unverified) said

The game does interest me a bit, but microtransactions killed it for me.

Posted: Dec 5th 2007 1:58PM (Unverified) said

I've been playing the open beta, it's a pretty fun game but one that you can only play a few matches of a day before getting tired of it.

The micro-trade system doesn't do it in for me, because from looking at what they have available for sale, the parts don't seem better than what you can get with the in-game money. The only reason for getting the real-money parts seems to be to avoid 'grinding' for them, and it does take quite a bit of grinding to get good stuff.

Posted: Dec 8th 2007 11:59PM (Unverified) said

i just started playing today. personally i like it. its like a standalone multiplayer version of armored core. though the controls differ greatly and is more closely related to gunz.

the "stand alone" mode is this games biggest draw. basically co-op.

admittedly the targeting is simple but that really depends on the weapon you use. try using swords. its harder to hit with them than u think unless u go into a crowd.

overall id give it an 8 out of 10.
it doesnt demand a gaming rig (i play from a 4 year old laptop and its not on minimum settings)
its a great multiplayer game
the controls are easy to pick up but vary enough between weapons to keep it interesting.

though targeting with close range weapons is too easy.
it does have a microtransaction system but that doesnt really mean much. u can get most of the stuff with the ingame currency that u can get with real world cash.
and the game will get old fast if u dont make the credits for new parts and mechs.

its got more positive than negative. not the best online game. but the best online mech game that ive played.

Posted: Dec 10th 2007 12:37AM (Unverified) said

Thanks for posting your impressions. :)

Posted: Dec 10th 2007 4:52PM (Unverified) said

Actually the targetting is not easy, if you play against people who know what they are doing. Some call it bunny hopping but, in this game its required! any one not doing it will die so fast its not even funny, heck I target the ones that dont, easy kills. Try using rockets also, no auto aim, though there is a SLIGHT increased hit box for ranged targets, but these things do massive damage if you can get hits off, think of a sword but, really long ranged. Also the micro transations are fine! STOP COMPLAINING. You are getting a free game, and if you dont like the parts you can buy with real money, buy them then sell them for in game currency so you can buy the better equipment, or dont buy them at all and grind for the better equipment. I give this game a 8/10. has some lag issues, and the game needs more maps, but the modes are fun, the game is fun, and it is VERY addicting if you like anime mech fights, hell even stylished fighting.

Posted: Dec 18th 2007 7:15PM (Unverified) said

I agree with the HuJoeBigs.. I started today and since I am a BIG BIG mecha fan boy it was like heaven. It is a very fun arcade style game, not really for the sim buffs (battletech) Nor the rainbow six and americas army tactitians.. Simply put this game is Counterstrike with mechs.. And it is friggin fun, Only gripe I have is the customization of the mechs. I know the game is pretty new, but the lack of options is kind of annoying..

Other than that, perhaps they can mold the game into a progressive battle for territories on a main battle map. They should let the population pick a faction (if they choose) and let those factions battle for control of land by playing different types of game types.