Posted: Dec 3rd 2007 5:35PM (Unverified) said

I have absolutely done this. I've bought epics for my husband for special occasions before. :)

Posted: Dec 9th 2007 6:03PM (Unverified) said

Given the choice of an in-game item I'll "use" and a shirt that will never be worn, I'll take the virtual property.

Posted: Dec 9th 2007 9:54PM (Unverified) said

Actually, somebody was asking me what I want for Christmas the other day, and my mind almost instantly went to things in WoW (right after all the stuff that would be way too expensive to ask for). For a split second, I thought of gold from a gold-selling site, but then I remembered that wouldn't be a great idea ^_^;;

Y'know, I'd probably be more willing to spend 100g on somebody than $100. I guess Blizzard's really got their hands around my neck, eh?

Posted: Dec 10th 2007 10:15AM (Unverified) said

I gave my brother the gold for a level 60 mount last year. I am a saver and he is a spender. He NEVER would have gotten it by himself (until BC came out and made it look like chump change!).

Thought about saving for his epic flying mount this year, but then I came to my senses and decided to just buy him some memory instead.

Posted: Dec 10th 2007 10:31AM Javajunky said

My father plays WoW, he's retired and it's something we do together since we live about 1000 miles apart. Although I do really enjoy our playtime I was beside myself last christmas when I got 1500 Gold from him. This was pre-tbc and obviously it was a lot of gold back then but that was probably one of the best christmas presents that I had gotten in years. It was a nice cushion to start out burning crusade with the following month when it was released.... you rock dad!

Posted: Dec 12th 2007 11:40AM (Unverified) said

My Brother in Law is just finishing up a tour of duty in Iraq. WoW has been a great life line for him; he plays whenever he can. In the year or so he's been deployed, he leveled his Hunter alt (since low-ping issues are less disruptive on his Hunter than on, say, his Rogue). Beyond just killing time, WoW has enabled him to spend some pseudo-quality time with his wife and the rest of us in the family, even though we can't physically hang out together.

Since his birthday fell after the cutoff date when we could no longer send him physical packages (because he might be rotating home before they caught up with him), my wife and I teamed up to buy a Blinkstrike for his Rogue and enchant it with Lifestealing. This turned out to be a really kickass present - he's psyched because he's been drooling over it for so long, we're psyched because it's just one more incentive for him to come home safe - that Rogue is a few levels shy of 70, and it won't level itself while he's away! (As an added bonus, I didn't have to spend any real-world dollars to buy a gift and ship it to Iraq...)

The Blinkstrike wasn't the only in-game present we sent, but it was the most expensive. But all of my BiL's many alts received some very nice gear that day. My BiL said he had a blast on his birthday; and that even though he was stuck 10,000 miles away. he felt like he was back home tearing through a whole stack of presents.

Perfect Ten: Terrible, terrible MMO names

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 3:00PM

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM