Posted: Dec 2nd 2007 6:26PM (Unverified) said

It isn't bad for what it is, but there are nowhere near enough people playing and it gets boring quite quickly.

Posted: Dec 3rd 2007 11:07AM (Unverified) said

Thanks for this writeup I'm downloading it now! I've been looking for something like this

Posted: Dec 2nd 2007 11:27PM (Unverified) said

Any game that involves flying around in space and either trading or blowing things up can be fairly compared to Elite. There wasn't much to Elite, really. Just enough to forever set the standard for spaceship based games.

Vendetta Online sounds like fun, although eight hours hardly seems like enough time to evaluate it for long term interest. I'll have to keep it in mind to try out soon. Is there any kind of story or lore associated with it?

Posted: Dec 3rd 2007 8:01AM (Unverified) said

There is a backstory, which you can find via their web-site.

I would have to say it's not an essential part of the game in my opinion, at least beyond the fact that it gives a reason for bots being around and targets of opportunity, and it gives a reason why two of the races hate each other.

Posted: Dec 24th 2007 4:58AM (Unverified) said

I've played VO for a couple of months in the past but I've followed its develpment from the very beginning.

Guild developers are not yet prepared for a proper launch, they are waiting for a more complete build (the long awaited 2.0).

But their MMOFPS has absolutely no rough edges. The engine is rock solid and it runs on multiple platforms (the Mac version supports OpenGL multi-threading on multi-core CPUs and the framerate is incredibly steady on all OSes).

The community is small but supportive and very friendly with newcomers. You can always fin 30-40 players online at any given time and the ingame chat is always lively. Give it a try.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM