Posted: Nov 29th 2007 9:14AM (Unverified) said

I've ended subs on quite a few games really, PS/EQ/EQ2/DAOC/SWG and WoW once or twice :P.

I think the worst has to be any SoE based game with their website frequently being down and unable to access the pages that canceled your subscriptions, ranked up there with the worst companies I've had to deal with in my life time. I got so annoyed with the website pages be unobtainable I phoned SoE in the US (from the UK) and was kept waiting on the phone for 25 minutes before I was allowed to cancel. As you know phoning across the pond is expensive at the best of times so being kept waiting was just the end of any dealings I will ever have again with any of SoE's products.

My flirt with the Mythics pages and Blizards are a dream compared to SoE really, Blizards pages are sometimes down (I sometimes hear from people who want to re-sub their accounts and the pages are down) and that's about it really, but both mythic (or GOA) and Blizard have fairly local call centers to ring up rather than overseas.

Posted: Nov 29th 2007 10:13AM (Unverified) said

I've canceled wow about 4 times now...I always come back...they'll always come back...

Posted: Nov 29th 2007 10:59AM KaTing said

I've cancelled DAoC, WoW, CoX, and haven't returned. I didn't cancel because of some emo breakdown or because I was frustrated with the game, but rather because I had already stopped playing those games and wanted to save myself the monthly fee.

I never had any trouble during the cancellation process for any of those games.

Posted: Nov 29th 2007 11:34AM (Unverified) said

It's tough when the time comes that you finally realize it's time to move on to another MMO or just stop playing them all together.

Games like DAoC and SWG kept me subscribing for years, the latter was the easiest to quit due to the craptacular NGE, but the PvP in DAoC was hard to give up. I ended up deleting all my toons in DAoC to force myself to move on.

Now I'm at the three year mark with WoW. I did the whole raiding 30 hours a week thing and eneded up with little to nothing to show for it. I've cancelled maybe a half dozen times over the years but keep coming back as there just isn't anything else that appeals to me.

Hopefully the rumors of BioWare working on KOTOR online turn out to be true, especially after reading the article here on this site. A great Sci-Fi game in a huge game world, with tons of content, an none of the EQ style raiding drivel? Where do I sign up? I may even be willing to pay $20 a month for a game like that. Are you listening Bioware? :)

Posted: Nov 29th 2007 1:43PM (Unverified) said

I just canceled WoW today, as a matter o' fack. This will be the 5th time now. Why? 'Cause I can't honestly afford the $15/month fee every month. So I play for a month when I can afford it, and cancel immediately so I don't forget later.

Also, thanks to writing for Massively, I'm trying to play a bunch of different MMOs at the same time, most of which are free to play. See what I do for you guys? *hand to forehead* Oh, how I suffer!

Posted: Nov 29th 2007 2:24PM GRT said

I don't think I understand the question.. LOL

Is the author saying he's only ever played 2 MMOs, DAoC and now WoW?

I've canceled many games many times. Why would it be difficult?

I'm not being sarcastic here...I really don't get the point of the post.

Posted: Nov 29th 2007 5:09PM Jeremy White said

I've cancelled WoW twice. The first time I canceled because I ran out of money. When I finally came back, I realized it wasn't the game for me (feels just like a job!) and canceled for good, moving on to LotRO, where I had a much better time until I decided (after a guild fall out) instead of playing that I would just sign up for Xbox Live.

I miss LotRO, but I will never go back to WoW.

Posted: Nov 30th 2007 8:34AM (Unverified) said

I canceled DAoC just because I couldn't get my brothers to play with me, and I canceled City of Heroes and EVE because I just couldn't get into it. The one that was the hardest, though, was SWG, which I cancelled because of the NGE. I kept peeking back in to see if it would return to any semblance of the complex, massive game it had been. I finally just bit the bullet and canceled. No problems with any of these.

Posted: Nov 30th 2007 3:54PM (Unverified) said

Cancelled both WoW and EVE Online in the last few weeks. Had been playing WoW weekly and EVE only off and on (i.e. reactivated it every once in a while to try it out again).

With EVE, I'll probably try it again when they add the ability to see your character and walk around in stations, assuming it's not just eye candy and there will be activities that you can do in the stations.

With WoW, I'm not really sure if I'll ever go back. I was just going to take a break from it till the new year but since I've been gone, I'm not missing it at all (even though I was in a really good guild). To me the end game requirements make it difficult for casual players to really get together and play, primarily because of the way raids are structured. As for the battlegrounds, not interested in that at all. I mean I left games like Counter-Strike because I wanted to play in online persistent worlds that have dynamic changing borders globally across the entire world. Unfortunately I don't that could ever be implemented in WoW due to the way it was designed from the start. All in all, if the next expansion is "more of the same but better", I won't even try it because I'm looking for something different now.

Make My MMO: October 19 - 25, 2014