Posted: Nov 26th 2007 5:19PM (Unverified) said

"If you're an AFS healer, speak up in the comments, because I want to know: how the heck do you keep your teammates targetted?"

You answered your own question halfway through the article. You use the radial and conical healing/repair tools for larger groups. These don't require targetting to use. The single target tools can also lock onto friendly targets, just like weapons lock onto hostiles. However, this soon becomes unmanagable in groups or large battles.

Posted: Nov 27th 2007 5:37AM (Unverified) said

Thanks for trying guys, but I've not even played a med yet and that barely told me anything that wasn't apparent from a quick glance at the skill tree and guessing what the various tools might do.

I have to admit that I'm amazed by the lack of game info in TR. I still don't know what lots of the items do. TR is the only game I've encountered, where a science a degree would have come in handy to understand what the hell the merchants are selling.

Posted: Nov 27th 2007 10:30AM (Unverified) said

Just recently got to Medic on my character and I will say healing becomes much more important in the higher level zones because enemy attack speeds significantly increase. Tools 3 resuscitate (which requires a Direct Healing Disk btw) will take a back seat to the medics spell rez, because it still incurs a res sickness. It still is a useful ability though so I heartily recommend maxing tools to 5 just for the repair and healing bonuses. +40% is nothing to sneaze at.

Posted: Nov 27th 2007 10:30AM (Unverified) said

In order to Rez someone you will need to have a Direct Healing disk and be withing 5 meters or so.

Betawatch: April 12 - 18, 2014