Posted: Jan 4th 2011 1:27PM (Unverified) said

Thanks for mentioning that; those always bothered me!

Posted: Nov 18th 2007 4:28PM (Unverified) said

I just wanted to point out that the correct subscription rate for Dofus is $6.90/ Month. Also, there is another game being developed by Ankama Games called Wakfu. It should be going into beta very soon. It will run on Windows, Linux, and Mac (it's Java-Based).

Posted: Nov 18th 2007 5:41PM (Unverified) said

I just started playing since I heard about the new Heroic server opening up. I'm loving it. I find the combat refreshing for an MMO. I have to say I really enjoy the art style as well.

Absence of story lines doesn't bother me when it comes to MMOs, so that's not an issue for me. You have my respect for owning up to something being purely personal taste instead of flat out condemning a game like is so popular in the MMO community.

I agree that it is not very newbie friendly, though. But I tend enjoy spending hours researching the mechanics of what ever MMO I'm playing anyway.

Posted: Nov 18th 2007 6:08PM Ghen said

Having a character sent ahead as an earner, another as a trailblazer, and another as a solid build is the core model of Diablo II: one of the best games of all time. So in that respect, how would you compare leveling multiple characters for specific game advancement benefits?

Also, for your other personal beef there was alot of extras in that paragraph so I didn't understand clearly. Do you mean that the game doesn't have much story, or that you are just a pawn in it instead of a hero? Single player games show you as the only hero the world has ever known (or sometimes a reincarnation of the only other hero {Musashi!}), while MMOs try to fit this glove on you but also have the inane delivery and kill x mobs quests that the best ones (WoW) can only hide among fun plot lines.

So all in all, I'm still confused ;)

Posted: Nov 19th 2007 12:45AM (Unverified) said

No matter how many times I've looked at the names of the different classes, I've JUST NOW realized most of them are names spelled backwards:

archers (Cra) = Arc; summoners (Sadida) = Adidas; prospectors (Enutrof) = Fortune; time magi (Xelor) = Rolex; healers (Eniripsa) = Aspirin(e). Oh, the clever, clever French.

Posted: Jan 4th 2011 1:25PM Orionolle said

@(Unverified)

Not to mention Ecaflip(Chance/luck based class)=Pilface (Pil ou face means heads or tails in french!)

Sram=Mars- it has nothing to do with the god of war, but everything to do with the MARS chocolate bars. The first three classes that were made have names based off of food..Iop and Feca are the others. Feca=Coffee (Cafe, not backwards though, just mixed up) and Iop is some kind of yogurt apparently.

...I know way too much about these class name things...