Posted: Nov 18th 2007 1:01PM (Unverified) said

Wow. What an unlikely find. It's almost like in the good old days (actually what you describe is still newer than what I remember from when I quit). I'm so gonna get that trial and go relive some memories.

Posted: Nov 18th 2007 2:07PM (Unverified) said

I think PoP marked the down point in EQ, if it was a pre-PoP server I'd actually think about picking up a old mac to actually go play it.

Posted: Nov 20th 2007 4:41PM (Unverified) said

TEMERITY!!!!!

=)

Posted: Nov 21st 2007 10:32AM (Unverified) said

A couple of corrections...

EQMac is a free download, so you only pay the monthly fee. Also, EQMac did not get hit with the price bump that the rest of the EQ servers did a couple of years ago, so the monthly price is still $12.95, with discounts for 6-month ($69.95) and 12-month ($119.95) subscriptions. EQMac is also included in SOE's "Station Pass", so if you are already paying for a bunch of SOE's games, you might be able to play EQMac for free.

Our content is frozen at the EQ of October 2002, with a couple of spell changes and bug fixes from early 2003. The last patch message, to which the OP refers, dated January 2005 was really just to implement the 2003 bug fixes.

There are also NO character transfers from the PC side...at all...period -- don't even ask. There are also no gold/plat farmers, we're just not worth their time. Similarly, we really only have one person who plays Bazaar arbitrage, and I'm not so sure that they're making much plat from it anymore.

Feel free to drop by and say "Hi!"

--Nikolai
EQMac.com Moderator

Posted: Nov 21st 2007 11:04AM (Unverified) said

Thanks for the correction on the price. I had asked SOE PR for the current price, but since EQMac lives in the SOE's never-never-land, i can see where they would get confused.

Posted: Dec 27th 2007 9:39AM (Unverified) said

Yes, EQMac's community is probably the most supportive and kind community I've ever met on both the Mac and PC sides of MMO gaming ... the client is PPC only so you need Rosetta to run it on an Intel Mac but it runs pretty well on every setup. You can play the game at maxed settings on an Intel Mac and even force FSAA and anisotropic filtering through the Ati Display contro panel ...

There's a picture of al'kabor somewhere on the BBS ... an old Dell Poweredge 850 I think ;)

The Stream Team: Where the WildStar things are