Posted: Nov 8th 2007 10:57AM Twinkle Tits said

Hellgate is a great game, but with great flaws...The game has been rushed thru the door to early in my opinion. The feedback on the forum is simply horrible, people with important issues are simply left on there own and have to rely on other members for help.

Hellgate is a fun game worth playing, but for me paying 10$ / month for it is simply ridicule...the exclusive content isn’t worth my money. My guess is the game will suffer the same faith as Archlord...but I sure wish them the best.

Posted: Nov 8th 2007 4:14PM (Unverified) said

I have the game and...well, the sad state of affairs is it is just as bad as it sounds. The memory leaks, missing textures, all players but yourself appearing as low-rez, low-poly blobs, uniques dropping without stats...this is the short list. I have not yet subscribed due to all of the problems, but i have seen plenty of threads regarding multiple charges, subscriptions not being properly applied, etc.

The worst part of it all has been the lack of communication, in lieu of so much as a "we're aware of the problem and working on it", most of what we've had to look at is a state of the game letter that paints the release in all too glowing terms, further adding to the frustration. Finally, just this morning, a Flagship rep popped up a sticky with a list of known problems, which has helped a bit.

The core gameplay -is- fun if you get into Diablo-style loot romps, but the bugs are so awful I've uninstalled the game for a couple months, and will just keep an eye on comments to see if they get the current train wreck cleaned up and back on track.

Posted: Nov 8th 2007 9:08PM (Unverified) said

I _really_ liked the demo. I wasn't really interested in the game before that.

Then I tried the demo, and really liked it. Was going to get it at launch, but paying 83 US dollars for the digital download made me a bit shy - and then the word of the problems started, and that turned me right off.

Posted: Nov 8th 2007 12:40PM Ghen said

I really don't think hellgate has been rushed. Memory leaks suck, but no amount of time can fix them without rehashing every line of code -just in case- there's an error.

The game is well polished though and a great mix of Diablo II skills with an MMO feel for gameplay interaction. Its like a more advanced Oblivion with a bit less D&D if that makes sense.

As far as subscription problems.. The game plays fine without a subscription so I'm not giving up my cc# just yet ;)