Posted: Nov 7th 2007 7:22PM (Unverified) said

That sounds awesome.

I really hope they do that for lots of their content in WoW. As a latecomer, (started playing just before Burning Crusade came out) I missed a lot of the level 60 endgame content and wish I could see it, because I know a lot of work was put into it.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 7:24PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, I certainly would love to see them redo a lot of the old content. Even some of the lower level stuff, I don't know how many times I've heard people say they would love a level 70 Heroic version of the low level Deadmines instance.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 9:11PM (Unverified) said

Well, when it comes too new content in FFXI you gotta remember that those crazy JP players have all blown through the other xpacs and are pounding on SE's door for new content.

Its also nice to see an old relic game get some new life in it...and I just hope that they fix the mistake that is Whitegate and give us a new lag-free hub...like Jeuno...in the past or something like that.

Myself, I've gone as far as...well, nowhere except doing enough for Dynamis access in the Zilart missions

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 11:37PM (Unverified) said

I have played wow since beta and I can not recount the hours I spent in Molten Core, BWL and AQ40. I played through those so many times that I wanted to never ever see them again...but 2 or so years later, and yea that nostalgia comes back and I wish blizzard would simply slow down. The idea the dev. has with Naxx is a great idea that any old or new WOW player would support, and I hope they go through with it. The balance though of new content over coming old is something that developers just cant get away, they are inter connected and with the progression of an mmo and its "story", content will always just be left behind to remember, if at all.

Posted: Nov 8th 2007 2:28PM (Unverified) said

Speaking for FFXI only, I'm surprised there are a lot of players that haven't worked their way through the older missions. I've made it through all of Zilart and CoP, and I'm at the very end of the ToAU missions now (only have to beat the last two missions there). I've spent a great deal of time in Dynamis, sky, and Limbus, as well as doing assaults, so I can say that there's very little I haven't tried out and I'm certainly thirsty for more.

I think whether or not a player makes his or her way through the content has a lot to do with both playtime and how much the person wants to focus on the missions. That's probably my favorite part of the game, so I ended up spending a lot of time on it. Since I have about 3-4 hours every night that I can spend online if I want to, it wasn't difficult for me to schedule things.

On the other hand, I've spent very little time on chocobo breeding, haven't even tried Pankration, and only have one job at level 75. So it's really all what the individual wants to focus on, imo, and I'm glad for new expansions because that caters to the type of player I am.

It seems like with the WoG expansion coming out, FFXI is finding a way to implement using the old areas. Technically they'll be new because they'll look a little different, but it's essentially still the same zone.

MMO Week in Review: WoW's rebound

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 8:00PM

EVE Evolved: What does Thera mean for EVE?

Posted on Nov 23rd 2014 6:00PM