Posted: Nov 7th 2007 10:54AM (Unverified) said

I've been waiting for this day for most of my life. I remember the first time I played Arena so many years ago. If Elder Scrolls were an MMO, I'd never leave my room.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 10:56AM Ghen said

Well, what is an MMO but a single player grind with raid areas attached to it? I think it would do well.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 12:33PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
I only really played Oblivion. and the story sucked.
So it would make a got MMO since MMO's and story don’t go well.

Will be a great cave raiding game.
Although one thing all MMO need to address sort out character models people like to be individual with their items :D

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 12:45PM Grizz said

My wife and I agree Oblivion would be the perfect game if only it were multi player.

A MMO might be fun, but a 10-20 client server (max) would be all I need to be in heaven.

(how do i create an account here?)

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 4:03PM Ghen said

check the email you got to auth. your comment. everything's in there

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 12:57PM (Unverified) said

Ever try playing a warrior in Oblivion? You have 2 options: attack and block. No special abilities.

In something like WoW you have a pile of abilities, and many that play off each other. You can do fun things like charge, hamstring, execute, devastate, etc. WoW offers a better single player experience than Obliv does.

Oblivion was garbage.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 1:03PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart

Oblivion was garbage.

Posted: Nov 8th 2007 3:29PM (Unverified) said

Playing a "Warrior" type character in Oblivion means you take only the skills that you think are useful, and completely ignore ranged combat, magic, stealth, and every other mechanic at your disposal. And even then, the game has depth. You don't just stand there and slash/block, your movements with the weapon are influenced by your actual movements, to thrust, slash, and bash your opponent from different angles and at different speeds, while blocking, dodging, and circling your opponent... like a real fight.

The "special abilities" are all magical in nature, and require that you learn, research, and more importantly CREATE spells that you can use, from hurling magic to healing yourself to summoning weapons and armor, creatures to attack... the list goes on.

If you can't handle thinking beyond button pressing, the Elder Scrolls series isn't for you.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 1:04PM (Unverified) said

Sigh double post, I had a hunch it would.

As you can tell by the timestamps I was refreshing for 6 minutes to make sure I wouldn't double post but there you go.

GG

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 6:41PM Tinmanau said

I'd prefer they did "Fallout Online"...

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 6:44PM (Unverified) said

So would I, but as far as I know, Interplay still has the rights to make a Fallout MMO. Stranger things have happened (see: Bioware swearing never to do a licensed game again, and now the KOTOR MMO...), but on the record it doesn't look like a possibility.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 11:42PM (Unverified) said

I liked Oblivion, but I just can't get excited about another fantasy mmo at the moment.

WoW Archivist: Epics