Posted: Nov 6th 2007 11:30PM Erzeal said

Sorry. I just don't see it happening. Warhammer is just too much of a niche property. Only the hardcores are going to play it. Because only the hardcores know or care about Warhammer.

Its going to take ALOT to beat WoW and its going to take a good period of time. Its not gonna happen overnight.

Posted: Nov 6th 2007 11:35PM (Unverified) said

I think both can truly co-exist. They both server different markets, but to say that Warhammer only caters to a hardcore audience is mainly because table top games certainly take a lot more time to get out of the box. Also, WoW isn't just played by those who played the RTS series. It is played by friends, co-workers, and family members who enjoy good social gaming.

If anything Warhammer has a lot of humor and black comedy flair that WoW strays away from and could be a good time for all who will not consider its root as only for the hardcore. It has a lot of options just like WoW, from what I've scene Mythic is putting together a good game with a solid game engine. Should be a good time =D

Posted: Nov 6th 2007 11:31PM (Unverified) said

It will be interesting to watch how the two series play out as MMOs in perspective to each other. Warcraft did of course get it's first concepts and inspiration from Warhammer. When a I first saw the Warcraft I on the PC I actually thought it was cool that my favorite table top was on the PC. Of course I was corrected a little while later. Still with that said they have really grown from when they were alike.

Though I have a feeling they will both co-exist fairly well. This will be the first time that both are going to be placed on equal ground for a conflict as franchises and I will probably be rooting for both sides. Hell I can't choose which art style is better, it all rocks, and if I can afford it... I will play both!

Burgy out.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 12:03AM The Last Metroid said

I doubt Mythic will be able to attract as many subscribers as Blizzard has with WoW. That doesn't mean their game won't be an awesome game. If it's anything if not better than DAoC, I'm hooked.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 7:40AM Ghen said

To stop people from playing WoW they have to stop getting something out of it. In my case, that means not being able to advance with my friends because they want to raid late at night when I have to sleep for early work.

Besides that, blizzard is great at releasing just enough content to keep (most) people satisfied that they are still progressing so most people won't have a desire to find something else.

For anyone that remembers DAoC and/or Warhammer table top games though, this will be a no brainer. And with that number of people to pull from it will definitely be a success in terms of being profitable; maybe not in terms of WoW killing.

Posted: Nov 7th 2007 12:02PM (Unverified) said

I have a lot of friends that every time blizz tries to balance out the PVP aspect and they feel like they are getting shafted, cry out "cant wait for Warhammer."

These are the people that only want to log on long enough to get in the minimum number of arena's to get points that week. but play nothing but low level alts any other time.

I hope Warhammer does ok, just not right out the box. Ive heard mixed opinions of the game and the negative end is been the most prevailing as of late. I just dont want to have to try to juggle two games to be able to play with friends >.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014