Posted: Nov 5th 2007 8:56PM Solaxo said

Wow was 2 great years of gaming for me. I moved on after I got married and raiding was not much as an option as it was before that. I have been eyeballing LOTRO for a while to try a new leveling world. The graphics are realy nice.

Hellgate is fun as well. I like the different type of gameplay that it offers, and the loot drops like crazy there, which makes it fun for solo "online" play as well.

I am also keeping a look out for Warhammer...if they don't delay it until 2009 :P Looks like that could be a great game.

I also thought Tabula was something nice and different, which is a step in a good direction. My PC died it at the time of beta but I might just give it a try if they offer a 7 day trial and see what I think from there. the gameplay was different and fun from what I saw on a limited basis.

I think the biggest appeal from a good chunk of WOW players is how cool can your character look and how sweet your stats can get. The raid dynamic or high end instances is something that I think keeps a MMO alive after wow or any level cap. I like how hellgate went for randomized instances, and I think that if something like that could be applied to say a "baron run, MC, etc. it would keep everyone on their toes.
I am not talking about a major shift of boss encounters but something getting to that point that is different and fun.

For example it became mundane clearing naxx trash after you got used to it but like all end game runs and instances there you almost become automatic and look for something to happen to wake you up. Heroric Instances was another step in the right direction as well.

All in all MMOs rock and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Posted: Nov 5th 2007 9:21PM (Unverified) said

I believe the next mmorpg-progressive game which will hit could be WAR and then again TR is shaping up quite well as of now. WoW i believe is moving at a very fast pace with content, lore etc and could burn out most of its subscribers soon.

Posted: Nov 5th 2007 11:28PM Learethak said

Frankly, for me the sweet spot of an MMO would be not Warhammer, but Warhammer 40K.

My problem with WoW, is partly a problem with the actual game,partly a problem with my friends, and mostly my failure to sacrifice real-life for the sake of a game.

I started WoW before all of them, but between marriage, job, and grad school all of my guildies hit 60 before I even hit 40. Raids were organized, wonders seen, but not by me. While they focused on endgame and grinding rep I struggled to find adequate PUG to even SEE much less complete instances.

I really liked COH buddy system, and frankly something like that would have made my interest in WoW less bitter, and me feeling less left behind.

Posted: Nov 6th 2007 1:58AM SergeantSalad said

WoW was great for a while, but this last year I've phased in and out of it, and now I'm completely finished with it. I've been craving another fantasy MMO, but I feel like WoW has tainted my opinions and reviews of other games. I don't want other games to be WoW, but I get discouraged if they don't excite me like WoW did when I first played it.

Posted: Nov 6th 2007 8:58AM (Unverified) said

I started playing WoW upon release. I gave it up for 6 months straight here and there...but never found that similar "awe struck" moment with another game. It's sad because now I'm back where I was when I quit for 6 months. It's just that feeling where there's nothing else to play (so says my mind) so I log in anyways. Last night I logged out at 8pm and just went to bed. Granted, I was tired and hadn't slept the night before - but I even talked to an in game friend and proclaimed my boredom with the game these days. I've played CoV and CoH as well as LotRO. While some of the aspects were great, I guess it wasn't great enough for me to forget WoW. I'm praying Age of Conan will be the game I've been waiting for.

Posted: Nov 6th 2007 11:08AM (Unverified) said

Warhammer will be the next game that everyone plays. although WoW will most likely live on while Warhammer does its thing; since the same company that makes Warhammer, will make Warhammer 40K, in a perfect world Warhammer 40K will be the Official WoW killer. however, its just a hunch, but i think Warhammer will be more popular than Warhammer 40k. I hope im wrong though, because if they do it right 40K can rule the world.

Posted: Nov 8th 2007 11:14AM (Unverified) said

TR is trash.... I doubt WAR will beat WoW... the only thing that could beat wOw is it burns out on its own, blizz devs another mmo, or a popular franchise such as star trek and etc with really good game design.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM